Re: TB: TIME WILL TELL, PRISM VIEW?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: TIME WILL TELL, PRISM VIEW?
  • From: "Linda Doffek" jem300@charter.net
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:09:43 -0000

Hi Kent,

You know, never really saw hide nor hair of TIME WILL TELL other than
that one time at Cooley's where I really liked it.  The purple stalks
and spathes may have fascinated me more than the flower itself.  lol.

Anyway, I never bought it but I have now purchased SMOKIN' which is
basically the same pattern, I haven't been able to notice any
difference but I am going strictly from memory rather than
side-by-side comparison.

PRISM VIEW I grew for a number of years and now phased it out of my
garden.  I liked the pastel shades and lace but the falls a bit too
horizontal for my taste and it tended to fade badly even in Wisconsin
sun.  :-)  I will see if I can dig up a photo and post it..

Linda Doffek
West Bend, WI

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Kent Appleberry <appleb@c...>
wrote:
> Anyone been growing TIME WILL TELL (Ernst 99) long enough to know
how
> well it performs?  I know Margie posted a great photo of it a few
months
> ago, and Linda Doffek was bowled over by it when she saw it years
ago
> (also posted a nice photo).  Looks like a fine iris, but no awards,
so I
> wonder how it grows.
>
> Also interested in any experience with PRISM VIEW (Ernst 93).  What
does
> it really look like?  The description doesn't seem to match the
photo
> I've seen.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kent