:HYB:Photo Project-1

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos]:HYB:Photo Project-1
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:35:29 EDT

Original post on iris talk:
<<I've started a photo project that may help me in my breeding program. I've made a 2005 folder with individual folders inside for each cross.  Where available, I'm putting pictures of both the pod and pollen parents in each individual folder.  This is giving me some concept (already) of what to expect from each cross.
As the seedlings bloom and are photographed, they will be added to the proper folder.
Just thought I'd share.  I have PhotoShop Elements, but most programs would probably support this project. >>
Griff asked for an example:
<<Griff, it's just a folder in photo shop.  The problem may be with my ability to do these things (technical part) but I will try.  I have one folder with the name "2005 seedlings."  Inside are folders like "2015."  Folder "2015" currently has two pictures, representing the pod and pollen parents, in it.  This cross only produced 15 seed so the file shouldn't get too big.
Having the pictures side by side gives me some idea of what to expect.
Twenty nine crosses took this year and I will do a folder for all, eventually.
I was trying to send a contact sheet but it was too big.  John told me once that anytime we send more than one photo with aol that they put it in a zip.  So here goes piece meal again.>>
Here is the pod parent:

JPEG image