Re: Re: Time Will Tell

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Time Will Tell
  • From: Kent Appleberry appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:36:17 -0600

Sounds like it grows well enough for me to give it a try.  Maybe the stalks won't get as tall in our drier weather.  Thanks for the info.

Kent
Central Utah

Cordesview wrote:
Kent, and others.

I have TIME WILL TELL in my garden, and it certainly has a beautiful flower!  It is also the last iris to bloom for me, two years in a row, now.  Quite strange for a plicata, don't you think?   The stalks were quite tall, and required staking.

I'll keep it in my garden, simply because I'm trying to get offspring from it.  Stamens on the iris were shriveled--possibly due to our poor weather.  I never had seed set on it, either.  (I had very poor pod set this year, all in all.)

Hope this helps.

Adam

Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians