MA MIE and MADAME CHEREAU

  • Subject: [iris-photos] MA MIE and MADAME CHEREAU
  • From: Kent Appleberry appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:39:41 -0600

I've been looking at photos of iris identified by the names in the
subject line.  Very hard to see a consistent difference, to the point
that I wonder if these are commonly misidentified, so that the photos
I'm seeing are confused between them (and possibly others).  How likely
is such a confusion?  Anyone have a reason to prefer one of these to the
other?  In other words, how much does it matter?

For the curious, here are photos identified as each:

Madame Chereau (for which I've seen heights listed of 23", 30" and 36")

   http://www.worldiris.com/public_html/Quick_Fixes/Q_Mme._Chereau.html
   http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/may01/msg00050/madamchereau.jpg
   http://www.iriscitygardens.com/images/tallbearded/madamechereau.jpg

http://shepardiris.com/x-irises/general_gallery/iris_e-m/fullimages/Madame