HYB:red seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos]HYB:red seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:16:17 EDT

Linda this one is from my red seedling (registered as Another Journey but not introduced yet) and Double Vision.  I watched this one sit in that cold weather for several days this past spring.  The falls turned green at one time!  Well worth the wait. Maiden bloom and I'll probably line it out.  Interested in seeing what it looks like next spring.
This brings pilicata breeding into play.  VIOLET MIRACLE is the only plicata genes I see in my seedling.  Didn't look hard.  Was more interested in the rebloom qualities.  But 2 of the 3 seedlings that bloomed from this cross were plicata . . . one plain and one fancy.  Interesting?

JPEG image