Re: TB: How to Plant this "Vertical" Rhizome?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: How to Plant this "Vertical" Rhizome?
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:00:53 -0000

Hello Mike,

I've received rhizomes like this.  I've always compromised and planted
them at an angle, neither horzontal or vertical.  I make sure the fan
area is planted at the depth I plant.  The end result is that the fan
is leaning, but not horizontal.  They've all grown well and after a
time looked like any other iris that arrived with more standard form.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links