Re: TB High Chaparral

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB High Chaparral
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:48:25 -0000

I'm sure you're right, Linda.  Good to know High Chaparral also has the fine
qualities you mention.

Kent

Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com> wrote:

Kent, I may be wrong about this, but I <think> it won because of all the
TBs we saw blooming, it consistently looked the best in all the gardens
where it was planted - stalks were standing up without being staked in
the rain, lots of blooms open and holding up to the rain well, good
increase, health, nice branching, bud count, flower form and substance.

Beautiful enough, but definitely not the most beautiful.

<Beautiful in a quiet way.  The color on the falls is unusual to me, and
the
                        combination, and light spot all work so well.
And ruffles and lace.  I can
                        see why it won.  Thanks for the pic.

                        Kent>

--