{Disarmed} Re: History

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] History
  • From: Kate Brewitt justonemoreiris@yahoo.ca
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:36:15 -0400 (EDT)

Did you get any response to your email below?

I've been thinking about this for a while and I would love to help because I love doing research however...I live in Canada.  Would that hinder the ability to help you work on this project?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Kate Brewitt
Region 16 - Toronto Iris Society

Robert R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
We seem to be loosing a great many distinguished Irisarians. Are there
any volunteers with an appreciation of history and the willingness to
do some research that would like to help me form an informal working
group to gather materials on a number of individuals. I checked with
Clarence Mahan who is presently in charge of Iris chronicles. He has
told me that, with the recent completion of the Nies Chronicles there
are no efforts underway to do any more, simply from a lack of
volunteers. Clarence like myself is already tackling too many tasks.
But since the loss of Neil, and Sid Dubois, and Rosalie Figge I am
traumatized by how fast our history is being lost. If any of you would
like to research a particular person or would just like to help I am
making a call for interested individuals. Please e-mail me with the
Subject line, "Iris History" off group my address is
rpries@sbcglobal.net.  Bob Pries