{Disarmed} Re: Help matching photos to names - labels that STAYand do not fade!

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Help matching photos to names - labels that STAYand do not fade!
  • From: Diane Kowallek whatever@iglou.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:19:41 -0400

Jan,
I reuse my zinc markers too but I peel off the old label.  If you try hard enough (and have long fingernails) you can get under a corner of the label and it will peel right off.  Then a quick cleaning with a cloth to get off dust,  and a new one will stick just fine.  I use the clear tapes with black print so I can't just put a new label over an old one.  Your way works fine for black on white.  I just like the looks of the black on clear better.  It doesn't stand out as much in the garden.

I also type a string of labels at a time.  I keep a small notebook by my labeler and just jot down what I need to print.  When I get a bunch, I type them in.  Sure saves on tape.

Diane

Jan Lauritzen wrote:
Go to the Brother site online and put in your PT85.  It should tell you which tapes it will use.  The TZ tapes may not work on it if it uses M tapes.  That is why my old one did not work and the labels faded.

The only problem I have had is that a label will peel off (or partway off) if it is applied to a dirty (dusty) tag.  I use the Zinc markers and I do reuse them.  I clean them off and make sure that they are completely dry.  Then I apply a new label right over an old one.  I try to make sure the new label is longer that the old one.

In order not to waste tape space I type a string of labels.  I do not put any spaces between the info for one label and the next one.  (I space within the same label.)  Then I cut right between the letters of the two labels.  I do not need to have 1/2 inch of blank tape before and after the iris name and info.
Jan in Chatsworth
Francesca Thoolen <arilpums@comcast.net> wrote:
Thank you Colleen, that is great! I have a Brothers PT85 I use for in-house items. I wonder if TZ tapes would work on it. I currently use 1/2 inch M tapes?

Francesca