{Disarmed} Re: HYB: Rebloom

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Rebloom
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:02:40 -0400

Yes, Annette, northern Virginia often gets the weather that tracks across from the Ohio Valley, and a racking, whacking thunderstorm drove me inside about half an hour ago as I was about halfway through setting out seedlings in a new bed.  In an ordinary year, I would have been doing this in May.
When I got up this morning, the humidity outside was so high that the windows of the house were steamed up.  Ordinarily, early morning is the best time to work here, and the bugs become problematical about 4 or 5.  Now, however, the mosquitos are ready for breakfast before I am, and the portions of my work that I usually do in the shade during the day I must now do in full sun to get away from the critters.
I hope you'll get to use your rototiller.  Even digging the irises is a chore when the ground is so wet.
I found seeds in a bee pod today  --  the first after dozens of empty balloon pods.  It's a blessing they're empty this time around.
Now, maybe I can get some labels made while the ground is drying.  --  Griff