{Disarmed} Re: Re: Cult: I. borer ~4th instar

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: Cult: I. borer ~4th instar
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:54:48 -0500

That is interesting Shirley.  I live in Lascassas TN, we have a fair amount of humidity, but in 9 years of iris growing, I have seen one borer.  I really believe it came in on a borer that I bought.  I found it about 2 weeks after I planted it, burrowed about 1/2" into the rhizome.  I was able to save the rhizome, caught it early.  Only one I have ever seen and the members of our iris society in Murfreesboro TN say they just aren't a problem here...........thank goodness.  We are considered Middle TN as far as location is concerned.  South and a little east of Nashville.
Linda in Lascassas