Re: Opinions Please?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Opinions Please?
  • From: Laurie Frazer lauriefr@localnet.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:12:04 -0500

On Jul 21, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Linda Hunt wrote:

> Is there a chance that these might grow in your personal
> opinions???????????????????

Those look to me like irises that have been out of the ground for a
while and probably weren't freshly dug for your order, but the rhizomes
look plump and healthy -- not dessicated at all.  I wouldn't hesitate
to plant such rhizomes, and I'd expect strong growth from them.

Sometimes I'll dig all of the irises out of a bed to reamend the soil,
then circumstances arise to delay the project, and the irises end up
lying around my yard for a few weeks until the bed is ready for them to
be replanted. When that happens, the rhizomes often end up looking like
the ones in your pic before I get them back in the ground.  No problem.
  Once planted and watered, they quickly recover and grow new roots.

Don't worry.  Yours will be fine.

Laurie

lauriefr@localnet.com
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg