{Disarmed} Re: Opinions Please?

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Opinions Please?
  • From: Carlos Ayento brightonparkiris@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:01:57 -0700 (PDT)

Quite a few people have already comment on this thread.  I've been growing Irises since I was 12 and granted I'm only 26 now, but in all those years of buying Iris for planting here in Chicago, I find that the Iris rhizomes on the right that you are concerned about have a higher success rate than the Iris rhizome on the left.  In Chicago, bigger Iris does not necessarily mean better.  They may look prettier, but in the end, they either rot but send up a small start or two which takes about two year to getting bloom, or it just rots completely.  Believe it or not, I have actually gotten first year bloom out of iris rhizome on the right.

Sincerely,
Carlos Ayento
Brighton Park Iris

Do you Yahoo!?