{Disarmed} Fw: Pod

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Fw: [iris-photos] Pod
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:26:14 -0400

List fellows --  One of our number asked about what kind of pod shapes I've experienced.   I didn't realize, when I answered, that the inquiry was off-list.  So, in case others might be interested, I'm sharing the response and the follow-ons:
They come in all sizes and shapes.  I'll post a few, starting with these two.  The first of these shows four pods on Hazelnut Delight.  The pod on the right is a planned pod, the other three (yeah, that little one in the middle is a pod) are bee pods.  The planned pod is 2 3/4" long and 1 3/4" wide.  From their shapes, I'd expect the top one to have seeds, the bottom one maybe, and the middle one not.  I can give you a report in a few days.

The second photo is of two bee pods and a planned pod on Toile de Jouy.  The planned pod is the top one.   The 2d one -- a bee pod -- is 3 1/4" long and 1 1/4" wide.  All three look very much the same.  Still, I'll bet that only the planned pod has seeds.  in a later post (I've got to do some gardening today) I'll continue the pod rogue's gallery.  --  Griff
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33958&stime=1154204816

Plant relocation Plant grow light

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

JPEG image