{Disarmed} Hyb: Pods

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Hyb: Pods
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:02:18 -0400

I took a photo of the first of this pair as an illustration of the kind of pod that is always empty.  When you see the curled over posture, there is always a hole on the underside and some nasty little insect in residence.  Well, that's the danger of using the word "always".  When I checked this one after taking the photo, guess what  --  no hole!  So, let's just say 99% of the time and always check, just in case.

The second is just an example of a fairly average pod here  --  2 1/4" long and 1" wide.  Often good for 35 - 45 seeds.   More to come.  --  Griff
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33959&stime=1154206960

Plant relocation Plant grow light

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

JPEG image