{Disarmed} Hyb: Pods

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Hyb: Pods
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:27:03 -0400

Here's a big bee pod on LINGERING TOUCH.  My guess is that it will be empty.  The deep folds or furrows that can be seen in the shell, plus its curvature, usually mean an empty pod  --  BUT NOT ALWAYS!  So, check.

Also, look bottom left.  There's a curled-over pod that DOES have the bug in the hole.

A word here about very small pods  --  I mean about the size of an agate.  (Does anyone shoot marbles anymore?)  I snapped one off dismissively yesterday, then saw the tell-tale color within  --  9 nice seeds.  Actually, I've had as many as 17 seeds from such a small pod.  --  Griff
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33960&stime=1154208430

Plant relocation Plant grow light

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

JPEG image