{Disarmed} HYB: Pods

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] HYB: Pods
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:48:40 -0400

Here are two pods  --  the first on HAUNTING, 2" X 1 1/4" in what I call the "hot air balloon" shape.  47 seeds.  The second, a similar-size bee pod on another plant  --  empty.
Another interesting thing, to me, is how many seeds Mother Nature can pack into a small space.  On the other hand, some really big pods contain relatively few seeds.  We just don't know until we open them.
So, the upshot is, although I'm tempted to toss all those bee pods away unopened, I really shouldn't.  Who knows?  A Dykes winner?  --  Griff
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33961&stime=1154209887

Plant relocation Plant grow light

JPEG image

JPEG image