{Disarmed} Re: Re: Hyb: Pods

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: Hyb: Pods
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:51:55 EDT

In a message dated 7/30/2006 8:21:26 A.M. Central Standard Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
<<Curved pods, though, often indicate that seeds have formed in only one or two of the seed chambers and the empty chamber(s) causes the curved shape. >>
Just an observation.  I get the curved pods if I accidentally break one of the styles while making the cross.  It's a rare occurrence but I've heard the style "snap."  When I follow the development of these damaged pod flowers, it results in this type of development.
If this happened more frequently, I might see it as an indication that I should quit using my finger to apply the pollen!
If you cross them, you'll want to plant them! Bah! Humbug!! Hot summer!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives