HYB: Difference in Reversing Parents

  • Subject: HYB: Difference in Reversing Parents
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:10:13 -0700

Here is what I thought was an interesting phenomena in my seedlings this spring.  The seedlings in these pictures had the same parents.  The first shows a cross of my seedling 54-56A X Amethyst Winter.  The second shows a cross of Amethyst Winter by the same seedling.  When my blue seedling was the pod parent, all the babies looked just like it.  When Amethyst Winter was the pod parent, several showed various shades of purple.  I was looking for better stalks than 54-56A and consistent rebloom in the same color, which I like.  I got a couple of seedlings with excellent stalks in the first cross, and I have kept those.  The rest are gone.  I see no obvious signs of rebloom, but time will tell about that.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News

Fashion News