Re: HYB: 05-119-05 best this year

  • Subject: Re: HYB: 05-119-05 best this year
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 02:09:10 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, christian foster
<flatnflashy@...> wrote:
Just going to do a group reply here.

Thank you Ann for your compliment. I hadn't thought about the value
of plain.

Linda, I thought I hadn't gotten hit by the freezes but I must have
because I had maybe twelve named cultivars bloom. I ended up finding
maybe a dozen seedling stalks that "would have" but didn't succeed.
Just more to look for next season.

.oO (Was it Chuck or Bill?) The 03-009-2 seedling bloomed out sadly.
I don't think I took any pictures of it. It reminded me of
Boysenberry Buttercup. It had greyed yellow standards and mulberry
falls. If memory serves the only trace of plicata was a little bit
of veining at the hafts.

This year's yellow seedling takes more after McKellar's Grove to my
eye. Bud count was not good, but I think stalk calibre was okay.

Christian

> Ok gang,
>
> Looks like my pictures are going through.
>
> This is my favorite seedling that bloomed this year. The cross
is McKellar's Grove X 03-009-2 (Jesse's Song x Rebound). Somewhat
frustrating because the 03-009 plic x plic was solid and has produced
solid children. This one has a "quiet little sunny quality" for lack
of a better descriptor. Just can't bring myself to cull it despite
it's plain-ness.

> Christian
>

> ---------------------------------
> Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added
security of spyware protection.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group