HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"

  • Subject: HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:23:03 +0200

Hello, Hello, Hello!

I am very happy to show you my first rebloomer!
it's name is FRIS ("Fresh" in Dutch).
It's the second seedling that bloomed last spring from the cross  (What Again X Sapphire Jewels).
The other one looks pretty much the same, but no rebloom.

I don't know where A. Ensminger and M. Hamblen created these irises, North or South.
Would be great to see a mix there!

It  reaches the top limit for a SDB ( but with the rain we've had, all SDBs are much taller than in May !).
It has 4 buds, doesn't seem to be a faboulous pod parent, but every iris it's pollen touches is pregnant...!

It has 4 fat increases and 1 smaller one for next year.

Many seedling from the reverse cross (Sapphire Jewels X What Again) bloomed in Spring, some quite pretty, but no reploom in that lot.

Seems to prove that when it is the POD parent that is the REB (What Again) in a cross involving a Rebloomer and a Carrier, there are more chances for rebloom!

(Very Happy) Loïc

Loïc TASQUIER
who, like Betty, could die (or kill...)  for a repeat, cycle & everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant  rebloomer!
     zone 7 - Nederland
 Email :
tasquierloic@cs.com

__._,_.___