HYB: styles with seam allowance

  • Subject: HYB: styles with seam allowance
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Last year (06) Frostico bloomed for me the first time. I had acquired Frostico based on pedigree alone for my flat breeding program.  Frostico has very fringe-y styles, and while I was examining them I noticed something.  When you look at the seam that runs up the back of the styles the two sides of the style overlap.  On Frostico the overlap is as much as half way over the other side.

So then I noticed that several other "flat" breeders have this "seam allowance".  Seam allowance is a sewing term I'm borrowing.  In sewing it is the bit of fabric that holds the stitching-you can see it in the seams when your garment is inside out.

On irises the "seam allowance" is the part of the style petal that puckers behind the stigmatic lip sometimes looking like a butterfly at rest.

Well, anyway, here's an extreme close up of one.  From the 03-93-1 seedling I posted earlier.

Christian

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News