Re: HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"

  • Subject: Re: HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:45:06 -0000

Have you tried some om my rebloomers like Forever Blue, Blueberry
Tart, Forever Violet etc. I have gotten reports of rebloom in Calgary
as well as Winnipeg.

You can see them at <chapmaniris.com>

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Ann Conway" <amconway@...> wrote:

> Lovely! I sure wish Irises rebloomed in Calgary!
> Ann

(What Again X Sapphire Jewels).
> The other one looks pretty much the same, but no rebloom.
>
> I don't know where A. Ensminger and M. Hamblen created these
irises, North or South.
> Would be great to see a mix there!
>

> It reaches the top limit for a SDB ( but with the rain we've had,
all SDBs are much taller than in May !).
> It has 4 buds, doesn't seem to be a faboulous pod parent, but
every iris it's pollen touches is pregnant...!

> It has 4 fat increases and 1 smaller one for next year.
>

> Many seedling from the reverse cross (Sapphire Jewels X What
Again) bloomed in Spring, some quite pretty, but no reploom in that lot.

> Seems to prove that when it is the POD parent that is the REB
(What Again) in a cross involving a Rebloomer and a Carrier, there are
more chances for rebloom!

> (Very Happy) Lo�c

> Lo�c TASQUIER
> who, like Betty, could die (or kill...) for a repeat, cycle &
everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant rebloomer!
> zone 7 - Nederland
> Email : tasquierloic@...

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News