Re: HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"

  • Subject: Re: HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:45:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/2007 10:37:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time, tasquierloic@cs.com writes:
<<Betty, can you help on this one?>>
Loic, Melba Hamblen hybridized in Roy, Utah.  Allan Ensminger lived in Lincoln Nebraska.  I know next to nothing about soil condition in those areas.  Robin could tell you.
This has nothing to do with your seedling or your point, but most Hamblen iris, and some of their descendants, do not grow well for me in KY.  According to my local county agent, reclaimed cow pastures in this region tend to be more acid than the average.  In early spring I enjoy watching the farmer across the road.  The fields designated for row crop are limed heavily.  I grew up in farm country and I tip my hat to this man.  He is VERY good.  But I stray from the point.  If he needs to lime, I need to lime, adjusted to fit the crop.
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Some seedlings planted and some still in the pots!
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives
AIS: American Iris Society website