Re: HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"

  • Subject: Re: HYB SDB/ REB : DD05-16b=" Fris"
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:29:18 -0700 (PDT)

Loic,

Very nice.

Do you realize how great identifications will be in the future.  Besides the Check List we could have DVDs showing the 5 views you have of this iris - including the front/back shots of the petals and the beard details.  Now, if we can only get the color right on the blue/purple group we will have it made.

Jan in Chatsworth

loic tasquier <tasquierloic@cs.com> wrote:
Hello, Hello, Hello!

I am very happy to show you my first rebloomer!
it's name is FRIS ("Fresh" in Dutch).
It's the second seedling that bloomed last spring from the cross  (What Again X Sapphire Jewels).
The other one looks pretty much the same, but no rebloom.

I don't know where A. Ensminger and M. Hamblen created these irises, North or South.
Would be great to see a mix there!

It  reac hes the top limit for a SDB ( but with the rain we've had, all SDBs are much taller than in May !).
It has 4 buds, doesn't seem to be a faboulous pod parent, but every iris it's pollen touches is pregnant...!

It has 4 fat increases and 1 smaller one for next year.

Many seedling from the reverse cross (Sapphire Jewels X What Again) bloomed in Spring, some quite pretty, but no reploom in that lot.

Seems to prove that when it is the POD parent that is the REB (What Again) in a cross involving a Rebloomer and a Carrier, there are more chances for rebloom!

(Very Happy) Loïc

Loïc TASQUIER
who, like Betty, could die (or kill...)  for a repeat, cycle & everblooming / co ntinuous / non-daylight dependant  rebloomer!
     zone 7 - Nederland
 Email :
tasquierloic@cs.com

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.