Re: Photo TB Spirit of Memphis

  • Subject: Re: Photo TB Spirit of Memphis
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 17:13:39 -0500

Loic  --  Thanks for posting the photo of SPIRIT OF MEMPHIS.  It illustrates very well what are, for me, the distinctive marks of this iris: the brassy yellow color, falls ruffled and just a bit twisted, flowers somewhat small, and, of course, the dark haft marks.  It was always a bright spot in the garden.  I've lost it, but it's in some of my seedlings.  --  Griff