Re: JI - La Mouette and JI - Simply Stated

  • Subject: Re: JI - La Mouette and JI - Simply Stated
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@ncia.net>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know.  I am assuming that Carol Warner, who owns Draycott Gardens in Maryland and imports Japanese,irises, had some that were misnamed (not the clones she ordered). I am also assuming that she gave/sold some to Phil Cook who got some seedlings from them and one of them was La Mouette. Your guess is as good as mine.

Ellen

loic tasquier <tasquierloic@cs.com> wrote:
Ellen
this is the data for La Mouette on the iris register.
Can you tell me what does this mean:  "Parentage unknown; misnamed Japanese import."

LA MOUETTE
    (Philip Cook, R. 1999), JI (3 F.), 36-42" (90-105 cm), EML
    "S. white, 2" length; style arms pure white, midrib cream; F. white, 3"-4" length, yellow signal. Parentage unknown; misnamed Japanese import. Draycott 2000 "