HYB: Another possible trace of turquoise/blue

  • Subject: HYB: Another possible trace of turquoise/blue
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 05:52:41 -0700 (PDT)

I've probably beaten this topic into the ground, but there aren't a whole lot of pictures lately so here I go again... <grin>

I had thought that the trace of [maybe greenish] blue, up the midrib of the standard of this seedling, was just from chlorophyll extending up there. But... I noticed when I looked closer at this picture that there doesn't appear to be any chlorophyll down below it.

It so happens that this is the pollen parent I'd been using on that previously posted seedling that has possible turquoise/blue in the midribs of the stylearms. I chose it because the stylearms have a nice blue midrib too, even if they don't have any tint of green.