Re: HYB: More on green turquoise possibilities

  • Subject: Re: HYB: More on green turquoise possibilities
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 07:17:25 -0700 (PDT)

Here are three images of Alan McMurtrie's Iris reticulata hybrid 'Sea Green'

The third image shows how the color changes as the flower ages.

My wife mentioned that a green flower wouldn't stand out much against green foliage.
I agree, but I'm more impressed with that peacock blue-green color of the style arms of this hybrid. Wouldn't that be cool, out on the falls and/or standards of a bearded iris!!!