Re: Re: HYB: More on green turquoise possibilities

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: More on green turquoise possibilities
  • From: Laurie Frazer <lauriefr@localnet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:25:41 -0500

On Jul 7, 2008, at 9:17 AM, thomas silvers wrote:

> Here are three images of Alan McMurtrie's Iris reticulata hybrid 'Sea
> Green'

I have never understood the potential appeal of "green" iris flowers
... until this one. Then again, this is the first truly green iris
I've seen. I had no idea this color actually existed yet in irises.
What an exotic and intriguing little flower!

I find this iris completely fascinating. Makes me wonder if it could
survive zone 3b. Do you know of a commercial source for this one?

Shadowood - http://lfrazer.com
The Irises of Shadowood - http://lfrazer.com/iris/
Wallplates With Panache - http://lfrazer.com/wallplates/