RE: TB: Anna Belle Babson vs. Beverly Sills

  • Subject: RE: TB: Anna Belle Babson vs. Beverly Sills
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:05:14 -0700

Hello, Barb,

Anna Belle Babson is a seedling of Beverly Sills, so there are similarities, but there are also differences.  A picture would help.  I have grown both though I don’t have either now, and the picture I have of ABB, I am not sure is my own.

Anna Bell Babson is a slightly deeper pink than Beverly Sills.  In my garden, had larger blossoms with wider, more open form.  It was also a better grower, though not so floriferous.  Beverly Sills bloomed out.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9