Re: INDIAN CHIEF

  • Subject: Re: INDIAN CHIEF
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:27:13 -0400

Also thrives here - probably 2nd only to I. pallida & one of the early
yellows in yards in this area. INDIAN CHIEF and SHANNOPIN are everywhere.

Interesting that this old cultivar has the dark wire rim around the
standards that is showing up again in some of the new introductions.

I noticed that same dark, wire rim during bloom season this year on
another old cultivar, meant to post something about it but forgot. I
think it was SHAH JEHAN.

Linda Mann
TN