HYB: American Sweetheart

  • Subject: HYB: American Sweetheart
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:05:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,
I told Donald (Eaves) that I would let him know how the lone pod that set on 'American Sweetheart' developed. Well I probably picked it a little early (note the white seeds) but it seems to have produced a good number of well-formed seeds. I'll have to try 'Norah's Thrill' on it again next year, since that was the only pollen that worked. Looks like it's not infertile after all - just extremely picky about partners.
Tom

image/pjpeg