Re: HYB: American Sweetheart

  • Subject: Re: HYB: American Sweetheart
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:39:14 -0000

Thanks Tom. It did, sure 'nuff. Hope some of those seeds result in plants. I believe you're using it due to the pbf? The bloom colors are so intense and worked so well in the Texas sun, that I kept trying to get seeds and never got anything. IMO the form needs a bit of work, but the bloom color made a statement from any distance. My poor results and no registered descendants made me wonder if it worked. Maybe the form or something else about any progeny kept it from showing up. And it may be picky.

BTW, I simply can't imagine seeing any iris in bloom at this time of year. Everything is turning yellow due to the heat and sun. Also the grasshoppers are taking their usual chunks out of the fans. Wonder how bad they'll be by the end of summer.

Donald