Re: Dolce bloom size

  • Subject: Re: Dolce bloom size
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:20:05 -0400

I was surprised when I saw this one in person - the bloom are <tiny>.
Very cute, but totally unlike what I had imagined. I thought the bloom
size would be like a very small flowered TB, but they so much smaller,
they look nothing like a TB.

Vicki, in comparison, what size are the blooms on your MTBs? Seems like
you may have answered before, apologies if I've forgotten.

I had wondered about calling it species-X also. We could equally call
<any> bearded iris species-X. My understanding is that it's up to the
person who registers the cultivar to decide what they want to call it.

Loic, I think "they" realize it is a question, but far as I know, nobody
has promoted a good way to deal with these kinds of innovative "new"

Linda Mann