Re: HYB: TB: inheritance of pattern SLY FOX x LADY CELESTA

  • Subject: Re: HYB: TB: inheritance of pattern SLY FOX x LADY CELESTA
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:55:52 -0400

Sorry, Margie, I haven't managed to get enough fertile, patterned
survivors here to have any idea about how these things get passed along,
other than the "standard" ones that Neil Mogensen tried to educate us
about. My understanding of those is also pretty hazy.

And don't know any of the ancestors in your cross.

All I can guess about it is that it's a yellow iris with a blue
wash/overlay on part of the fall. Which I <think> goes back to I.
variegata genes somewhere or other in the family tree.

But I'm not sure about that.

Since neither parent shows that pattern (right?), that implies that some
form of white genetics was hiding it, probably in the non-blue parent,

Those are all the thoughts I can muster this AM.

<.as much as I DO wonder where that yellow spot and/or wide honey ringed
pattern comes from on the yellow sibling. Any thoughts?

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ. >