  • Subject: Re: TB Photo: GUATEMALA
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:50:49 -0700

Hi Beverly, I'm in zone 9 also, specifically 9a. I really haven't had much trouble growing tall bearded irises here. The summers are tough on the irises here, but otherwise they do very well. There are many Arizona (zone 9) iris growers. What state/country are you in? I've heard just south of our border (like in Mexico - an hours drive away) tall beardeds are hard to grow. A few will, but not many. I'm not sure why.
In your situation - I wonder if it's the PH of your soil?? Possibly a soil test would be a good idea.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.