Re: TB Photo: GUATEMALA

  • Subject: Re: TB Photo: GUATEMALA
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 02:20:24 -0000

I think the vast majority of bearded irises won't do well in Beverly's part of the world. Doesn't get cold enough in the winter and even with perfect drainage there will be too many occasions when they simply are going to stay too wet. I've lived there and have lots of relatives still in the area, my sister being one. I gave her some Louisiana iris and they have thrived there whereas mine have all died save one. They'd do o.k. here if I could provide the water they need, but for her it's a natural situation.

I also gave her a pseudacorus that also has done well. Tough plant, but my generally dry conditions finally killed it.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA