Re: MTB: Summer bloom CRICKET SONG
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: MTB: Summer bloom CRICKET SONG
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 03:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Robert. Will do.
I was just checking the weather channel website and it says that we got around an inch of rain in June (pretty much all early in the month) when we usually average close to four inches. We haven't gotten any rain at all for about a month now. I know that it hasn't rained since I planted the cowpeas and chickpeas in the garden and that was on the 19th of June. I don't water by hand so these are both doing amazingly well in spite of the lack of water.
I'm trying to look on the bright side for the rest of the veggies... this'll be a good selection year for seed saving ;0). Anything that makes seed is going to have to be fairly tough and drought tolerant.
Robert Pries wrote:

Tom: truly an amazing performer. Could you add a note to the Iris Encyclopedia under comments with the date of rebloom your location and notes on weather conditions. These type of data would enhance the information there.