HYB: Blue Moonlight X Sharpshooter - just a spring maiden
  • Subject: HYB: Blue Moonlight X Sharpshooter - just a spring maiden
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:51:57 -0400

A couple of years ago I brought home a stalk of Sharpshooter from
a show and was wandering around the yard, looking for something to
put pollen on.  Not much left to choose from that late in the season,
and I wound up putting it on Blue Moonlight, reliable rebloomer for as
long as I can remember, but never used for breeding.
I was pretty impressed this spring with the improvement in bloom
quality.  Unfortunately, at least on maiden bloom, the stalk strength,
branching and bud count were all BM.  In more ways than one.
Yes, I'm now growing Sharpshooter.
IDIS iris sale this Saturday and Sunday at Holiday Park in Indianapolis,
for anyone in the area.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5