Re: HYB: how many should I plant?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: how many should I plant?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:20:02 -0400

I never know what kind of success rate I will have, so if I have blooms
& pollen available, & weather cooperates, I usually pollinate several
blooms in attempted crosses. I've had two or three pods from one cross
take now and then, more often lucky just to get one.

Both parents were apparently very fertile! So let's say it was more or
less an accident.