HYB: Chuck Bunnell's garden
  • Subject: HYB: Chuck Bunnell's garden
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:34:51 -0400

This year's Region 6 spring convention included 4 gardens, the
final one was Chuck Bunnell's place near Lafayette, Indiana, about
60 miles northwest of Indianapolis.  Here are a couple of photos
that appeared in the local paper after the event.  I'm in the first
one.  Peggy Allen, whose garden was also on the tour, is speaking
in the second one.
The convention booklet said Chuck has about 2000 MTBs, counting
seedlings and named varieties.  Looked more like 5000 to me.  Ones
in the photos are only small corners of the actual plantings.
A respectable rainstorm hit while we were riding the bus to Chuck's
place.  Luckily it was over by the time we got there.  Wonderful
Bearded convention guests will be sold at Holiday Park in Indianapolis
this Saturday 10AM-4PM.  Beardless guests will be sold with daylilies
on August 20.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5

JPEG image

JPEG image