REB: Immortality
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: REB: Immortality
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:59:37 -0400

One clump with three stalks, one bud open on another clump.

Chuck, you'd asked once what was the earliest after main season that IMM
had bloomed here. I was pretty sure it was June, but didn't have notes.
First bud open this morning, July 6.

We had a lot of cool weather (in the 50s F) here in the 'holler', about
5 to 10o cooler than urban center Knoxville, ~50 miles north both in
June and May, thanks to drought dropping humidity way down, in spite of
record & near record high temps both months.

These 'summer' rebloomers seem to have a lower temp trigger than we
normally have here until Sept. :-(

Both these clumps got heavy flood irrigation (overnight, 1 1/4" hose
attached to sump pump in the spring branch).

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7b

JPEG image

JPEG image