  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CAJUN SUNRISE
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 09:04:41 -0400

>Does WOW constitute a good reaction, Dennis?  :)  I am very envious.  Sure
>wish I could grow some of these ones in the cold, frozen north (zone 3)....
>BJ in SW MB

You might be surprised.  The Louisianas did just fine for me.  Out of
about 60 cultivars I only lost 3 or 4 during the winter.  I am on the
border of Z5 and Z6 and I don't give them special protection and we
had one of the coldest Decembers on record.  I suspect my losses
weren't due to winter cold but because of transplant shock.  I moved
to a new house last August and didn't do a good job of keeping them
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6