Re: Re: HYB: seedling 27-26-A

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: seedling 27-26-A
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:17:36 -0700

Some haft marks are ugly and should be adequate just by themselves to
prevent a seedling from being introduced. IMHO The old fashioned brownish
haft marks of years ago in particular fit the "fatal flaw" category. However
clean color haft marks on a clean and complimentary color can add
significantly to the overall beauty of the cultivar. I think the haft marks
on sdlg 27-26-A add to the appearance of that bloom. However the color of
the standards on my monitor are close to what I would consider a fatal flaw.
I would have to see 27-26-A in the field before I would acquire it.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762