Re: Do you want them?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Do you want them?
  • From: laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:13:00 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., imboswor@h... wrote:
> Please post the old!!!!
> I have tried to retain at least one of each variety of Iris that my
> grandmother had in her garden, that went to my mothers garden, and
> now into one of mine...but I simply do not ever seem to have the
> extra cash to purchase books or time do the research to get them
> properly ID'ed.
> Having photo's on line to review marked as historic or older iris
> would help me and hopefully many others in correct naming of what
> they might have without so much fuss and expence.

I will continue to post pics as soon as I have time, but unfortunately I have very
few identified historics.  I do have quite a few different historic varieties but do
not know their names.  Perhaps I will save the pics of my unknown historics
until after bloom season and then start posting them to gather suggested
identities to assist in further research.  I'm not really all that anxious about
identifying my historics, though I would like to know if I happen to have
anything of significant historical significance growing in my unknown bed.  I
continue to enjoy them with or without known identities.  It would be nice,
though, to be able to put accurate names to some of these faces at some point
in time.