Re: Amost Ready to Post Pictures

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Amost Ready to Post Pictures
  • From: laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:15:32 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., lmmunro@h... wrote:
> I have a little picture here with me that is 317 KB.
> Is this too big? All my pictures are this size or larger.
> Should I be doing something to lessen the size before I post?

Laetitia, you should use your image editing software (PhotoShop,
PhotoDeluxe, etc.) to reduce both the physical size and file size of your
photos.  Cropping your pics so you cut out any excess background from
around the iris image will help reduce size.  I find that a physical size no
greater than 350 pixels in height and 450 pixels in width fits into any monitor
resolution without scrolling.  Once you reduce the physical size within those
limits, you will probably find your file size has reduced below 60k.

Happy posting,

Laurie