Left Over Iris

After each of our iris shows the past three or four years most of the people who
entered their iris have no interest in retrieving them.  I made arrangements with
the art teacher at the school where I teach to have one of the students pick up iris
from the show and take them to school the next morning.
The art classes in both upper and middle schools then have sketched, drawn, painted
or I don't know what with the iris depicting them from fresh beautiful blooms to
droopy and/or dead iris.  This may be something some of you may want to share with a
school in your area.
A few years ago I took the art work the Upper School kids had done to one of our
Iris Society of Dallas meetings and the works were well received.
You could do that with your respective societies as well perhaps recognizing one
piece as the Queen of the Iris Art Show
Wish I had thought to take photos of some of their work  It was really fine.  Next
year.

Jelcy