Blue and Purple in digital

I have found that taking a picture of a really dark purple iris can
result in a picture that the iris looks blue but it is dependent upon
the sunlight. My camera has an LCD display so I look at the iris
through the LCD until I "see" the correct color. Late evenings and
early mornings or when shade is over your plants is the best time for
taking pics that I have found.

I will dig back through my discs and see if I can find an example of
the same iris taken with the same camera but just different light and
show you what I mean. Thanks for the compliment on Blue Suede Shoes I
read in the posts that someone wanted to see what it looked like.