Re: Claret Cup

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Claret Cup
  • From: Sandra Barss <barsssa@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:38:14 -0700

Hi Gerry

No, I am not familar with "John Wood".  Do you have a picture of it ?

The only Versicolor I have right now are:

Mar Jan (Bishop '93)
Mysterious Monique (Knoepnadel ' 92)
Claret Cup (Hilson '46)
Mint Fresh (Warburton ' 83)

I have or had Krieghoff, but I think I may have lost it this winter.  I think I still
have Chagall, but it hasn't bloomed yet so I can't be certain.

I also have a very pretty versicolor and iris ensata cross blooming now
called "Red Raspa".  This one grows great for me.  I will post a picture when
I get them back from the developers.

SE Manitoba
Zone 3

Gerry Snyder wrote:

BTW, are you familiar with and do you grow the I. versicolor John Wood?
It was very popular at the spring national. Hybridized (or selected, not
sure) by the late irisarian of the same name, introduced by and
available from Ev Lineberger. As I remember, it is a little lighter than
CC, with rounder flatter falls.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Check out great fares at Orbitz!